she's clingy

For the first time in weeks, you woke up with a big smile on your face. You could feel your legs tangled with Jennie's and the warmth radiating from her body as she slept beside you.

You didn't hesitate to turn over and watch her sleep. It's been so long since she's been there when you've opened your eyes.

A whole ten weeks apart was torture, filled with loneliness and an ache in your heart. You'd mostly sleep on her side of the bed and curl up in her hoodie and her blanket that she left behind for you. But you made it through. She's there with you again and you're gonna cherish every moment spent with her.

However, you were thirsty and your bottle of water was empty. You figured you'd just climb out of bed and you'd go down for a glass of water and you'd join her side again in no time.

But as soon as you rolled over and went to swing your legs over the bed, Jennie was rolling over into your spot and wrapping her arms around you, making it impossible to escape.

"Where do you think you're going, baby?" She mumbled tiredly as she kissed across your shoulder, making an undeniable smile tug at your lips.

You didn't even have time to say a word, because she was pulling you down onto the bed again. Your back hit the mattress and a laugh fell from your lips and though she was tired after being so active and so busy for several weeks, she was still smiling from ear to ear.

"Stay here with me. Don't leave."

"I'm just thirsty."

She moved to hover over you. Her chest against your own, you could feel every beat of her heart against your chest. She opened her eyes into yours, dropping her forehead onto your own.

"I've missed you so much. I'm so happy to be home. I've missed mornings like these with you. My favorite girl," she mumbled as she kissed along your jaw.

"Me too. I really am thirsty though, so why don't you just lay back down? I'll be back in just a second."

She sighed but fell onto her back. But when you got out of bed you felt her arms wrap around you once more. She hugged you tightly from behind, breathing out a soft sigh when the smell of your body wash lingering on your skin filled her lungs.

"I'm coming with you. Wherever you go today, I'm not leaving your side."

You couldn't complain about that. You simply smiled and suggested brushing your teeth real quickly.

"Only if we do it together," she said, giggling a little when your sweet chuckle filled her heart with joy.

She brushed hers first, so she could hold onto you while you brushed your own. A moment later, you went downstairs and went into the kitchen.

You poured yourself a glass of water, but before you could even take a sip she carefully took it from your hand and set it onto the counter before turning you around.

She hugged you tight, burying her face in your neck.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Jen," you whispered and closed your eyes as an indescribable warmth came over you. Your heart felt warm, as did the rest of you with how close and how securely she was hugging you.

"Ten weeks without you... without my baby. It was torture. Only seeing your face through a phone screen and hearing your voice through the speakers of my phone wasn't enough. Then, when I got home last night, I was so tired I fell asleep so fast-"

"I understood. You've been working hard, Jennie. You needed rest."

"And now I need you." She said against her neck. "Which is why I'm not letting go of you today."

"Okay," you agreed.

"We'll spend the day in bed. Watching movies and catching up."

"I'd love that."

She pulled back and handed you your glass of water. When you finished, she playfully booped your nose and you saw the stars appear in her eyes when you let out a happy giggle.

"Just so you know, when I leave next time, I'm not going without you."

You closed your eyes, lips hitting hers ever so softly. She tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and pulled back to lay kisses to your neck.

"It's so good to be home again." She mumbled against your skin and though you couldn't reply, in your blissful state as she kissed along your neck, you knew she knew you felt the same.

Because your heart was beating against hers, right in sync, and no words needed to be exchanged in that moment to express the love you share.