Chapter 31

Adam

I leaned away from Courtney. She was smiling like crazy. I grabbed her hand. She gripped it hard and moaned. She's still in pain. "Come on, let's get you x-rayed." I said. She nodded while she had a sour face. I stood up and helped Courtney up. We started to walk over to the x-ray room. "Did you do anything to hurt your rib again?" I asked.

"No. It's just... Sore." Courtney stated. I nodded. I felt so bad for Courtney, she doesn't need this. She's already going through a lot in life... And maybe I'm just making it worse.

___________________________

Courtney

The doctors said I have bruised my rib, and that I cannot live bed for one day, missing practice. I am so bored. There's nothing to do here. Catie's gone for classes and I don't even know where the Ducks are. So I'm just sitting here in the empty room, by myself. I closed my eyes. I was starting to think about Adam.

I mean, he's a great guy. He's sweet, he's kind, protective, strong, and handsome. But, he left the team for varsity, and he lied to me about the pranks. I was just imaging Adam in my head. When we first met, our first date, our first kiss, our first fight, when he asked me out, our first breakup. Everything.

But the one thing I kept on repeating in my head... He's protecting me. He doesn't have to do that for me. But he does. I keep on thinking that he thinks I am mad at him. I mean, I am a little mad, but not pissed off at him. He's been there for me from day one. And I keep on dissing him. I keep on pushing him away from me. Then I thought of one more thing:

Maybe I'm still in love with him.