Chapter 114

Courtney

"Alright, now we're talkin'!" I yelled happily, nodding my head. Charlie started to chuckle.

"Okay, anyway, who wants to lead?" Charlie asked.

"I think you should do it and lead us, Captain." Dean said, leaning on his stock and crossing his legs with more weight in his right foot. We all agreed to the suggestion.

"No, I think Courtney should." Charlie denied. I shook my head.

"No sir. I had enough of the leadin' crap. You can do it." I said with a laugh. Everyone else started to laugh.

"Okay, fine. Let's play and win this." Charlie stated. He put his hand out. We all started to stack our hands on top of each other until it got to Goldberg. "The Q's. Quick, quite, and quack." Charlie reminded us. We all nodded.

"Quack, quack quack..." I started out. Our hand started to go up and down slowly.

"Quack quack quack quack QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK GOO DUCKS!" We yelled as we threw our hands in the air. I skated out to center ice as Charlie followed me.

"Okay, we have three minutes of-"

"Three minutes? I thought it was five." I stated, cutting off Charlie. He shook his head.

"No three, look at the score board." Charlie demanded. I looked up and saw the time remaining. Two minutes and forty seconds left. I nodded and turned to him.

"Okay Coach, what do I do, in a nutshell." I asked. Charlie got closer to me.

"This is what we are going to do, you're going to get the puck and and pass it to Adam. Adam then goes behind Dean and Fulton. Fulton and Portman will keep him protected.

Me and you will go behind the goal. We both will call out for them, they will come over and then we form the Flying V and we score, hopefully. Got it?" Charlie asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Got it." He nodded, then skated off. I sighed and went to center ice. I saw Brendan come over. We both bent down. I was expecting a smart remark from him, but he didn't saw a word. The referee came over and threw the puck down. Me and Brendan fought for it for about ten seconds, but Brendan won the face off, and passed it to Matt.

Change of plans, Charlie. I got this one...