Chapter 95

Courtney

Dylan, Grant, and Kevin all sat down at the same table. Grant brought out a folded up piece of paper and a pen. Kevin brought out some flashcards while Dylan just sat there.

"How old are you, Courtney?" Kevin asked.

"Twenty-two." I replied.

"And where are you from?" Kevin asked.

"Nashville, Tennessee." I replied.

"How did you start to fall in love with hockey?" Dylan asked.

"Well, when I was little. My dad would take me to Hawks games and watch them play. That's when I asked my dad to play. So me and my friends made a little team and would play on the lake behind my house. Man that was the best."

"What was your first teams name?" Grant asked. I smiled.

"The Mighty Ducks."

"What was your goal when you were younger?" Grant asked. I shot him a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean, what did you want to be when you got older."

"Oh. I have always wanted to be in the NHL." I replied. They all stared at me.

"What?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah. I want to be in the NHL." I repeated. They all looked at each other, then back at me.

"Oh, okay." Kevin said. "Uh, so do you have any family members?" I nodded.

"Of course." I stated.

"What's your parents names?" Grant asked.

"Jay and Nicole." I replied.

"Do you have a sister or a brother?"

"I used to." I sighed. They stared at me again.

"What do you mean?" Dylan asked.

"Uh, when I was little, I had both my parents and my little sister, Dawn. One day, me, my mom, and Dawn got into an accident that killed both of them. I moved out her with my dad and lived with him for a while.

Then my dad got remarried about the time I was on Team USA. I had a little step-brother, Keith. But, he died of cancer. And my dad died a couple months ago." I replied.

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Dylan said. I sighed.

"It's fine. Next question."

"Are you married?" Grant asked. I paused and swallowed hard.

"No." I said. Grant wrote that down.

"Okay, thanks Courtney." They all said. We all got up and shook and hands. Then Grant, Kevin and Dylan walked away.

"Courtney, there you are." I heard some one say. I looked over and saw Matt walk over to me.

"Hey Matt." I said. He came over and hugged me tight. "What's up?" We let go of each other.

"I have to tell you something." I paused.

"Okay?" I said unsure of what's coming up.

"Courtney. I love you, and you know that, right?" Matt asked. I nodded. "And you love me too, right?"

"Matt, what's goin' on?" I asked.

"Courtney. I want you to be with me every step of the way. You are my life. And I love you so much. So," Matt got something out of his pocket and got down on one knee. "Courtney, will you marry me?"