Chapter 39

Courtney

I took off my glove and felt my nose. I looked and saw my bloody finger. I wiped my finger on my pants. I looked up at James and Charlie.

"I'm fine. I'll still play." I stated. Charlie sighed in relief as James nodded, just like my father used to do. "Come on, let play." We all skated back to our spots. I felt the warm blood rushing down my freezing face. I didn't want to get my white ducks jersey all bloody so I didn't touch my face. I went back to center ice, this time, Adam came too. I bent down at the same time Adam left.

"You're bleeding." He said in shock. I rolled my eyes, then gave him a dirty look.

"Thanks Captain Obvious. Really, I didn't know." I replied sarcastically. Brendan came over and put the puck in the middle of Adam and me. I looked over at Adam. He didn't look happy, at all.

"Count down?" Adam asked. I nodded. "One." I paused, I became hesitate.

"Two." I said quickly.

"Three!" We both yelled. Adam and I fought for the puck. I finally knock Adam down and shoot the puck to Charlie. Charlie starts to skate down the the goal. I forget about Adam and start to sprint to Charlie. Charlie looked at me and passed the puck to me, but in the middle of the pass, a Varsity player got the puck and passed it to Adam.

"Dammit." I cussed under my breath. I turned around and started to sprint to Adam. Charlie went right beside him, trying to steal the puck. I saw Adam look at Charlie for a quick second, then look at the puck.

They were both about five feet away from the goal. Adam hooked his arm around Charlie's neck and knocked both of them down. They slid inside the goal, hitting both their heads on the goal. "Charlie! Adam!" I screamed. They both shot up and started to shove each other.

"Hey man! What the hell was that?!" Charlie yelled. Adam did a quick shove, kind of knocking Charlie off his balance.

"I should ask you, girl stealer!" Adam screamed.

"What?" Charlie and I asked. I skate over to Charlie side.

"Yeah, that's right. You stole Courtney away from me once again, Charlie Conway!" Adam screamed. I stared at Adam.

"What?!" I asked. "You think me and Charlie are datin'?!" I yelled.

"Yeah! I saw you holding hands and kissing!" Adam screamed. I threw my head back.

"Yeah! She was faking so she could get a group of girls that like me away from me!" Charlie screamed. He pushed Adam hard. Adam caught his balance and stared at Charlie with a mean look.

Adam started to punch Charlie, and Charlie started to punch Adam. Everyone started to fight each other. I was starting to punch Tex, another player of the team that (I had to admit) had a little crush on when I first saw him.

All of a sudden, the lights flicked on like the Angels from heaven were coming down, but we all still kept on fighting.

"HEY! STOP YOUR DAMN FIGHTING RIGHT NOW!" I heard someone scream. I felt a tight grip grab my shoulders and fling me away from the fight.

It was Coach.