Chapter 52

Charlie

"Yeah, see that man right there?" Coach asked, pointing at a picture. I looked at the picture and smiled.

"Is that you?" I asked. Coach laughed.

"Yeah that's me. That nerd, right there. Man, look at my hair." Coach started to laugh. "I finally got to the Hall when I was twenty years old. It was amazing. Anyway. I wanna see you up here. I wanna see our eleventh trophy with your picture next to it. If you don't wanna her it from me, I think she will change your mind."

I looked over and saw Courtney walking over in a really pretty dress and high heels with her hair all done nice. She started to walk up to us. She smiled.

"Hey Charlie." Courtney said. I stared at her.

"Courtney?" I asked. She smiled even more. "Why are you here?"

"Well, first of all, I go here, and second of all, I wanna help you, help you come back to this school." Courtney answered. I rolled my eyes. "Charlie, it's not to late. I wanna show you something." She looked at Coach. "What time is it?"

"Uh, seven." Coach answered. She nodded, then looked at me.

"We are on time, let's go." Courtney demanded. We started to walk down the hallway. It looked like that way to the ice rink. "We really want you back Charlie," Courtney stated. "We do miss you."

"Sure, you guys took off your jerseys when me and Fulton kept them on." I stated.

"Charlie, we didn't wanna be kicked off the team. We are still Ducks. We always will." Courtney stated. I sighed. We got to the double doors of the ice rink. Courtney looked at me. "You have to be quite when we go in."

She opened the door and we walked in. We started to go up into the stands. We got to the top section of the bleachers and sat down. I looked at Courtney.

"Why are we here?"

"Look." Courtney demanded. I looked down on the ice and saw Orion starting to get on the ice.

"What's so special about that?" I asked Courtney.

"Just look." Courtney demanded again. I looked back on the ice and saw him bring out a little girl about nine years old, but she was in a wheelchair. I looked at Coach and Courtney.

"Who's that?"

"Coach Orion's daughter, Christina Orion. She and her dad got into a car reck about a year ago. He dad suffered memory loss, cuts, and bruises, but Tina broke her back. So she spends her life in a wheelchair." Courtney replied.

"Tina wanted to be a figure skater like her mom. But she can't skate, so Orion brings her here and has her skate on her wheelchair." Coach added in.

I looked back down at the ice and saw Orion skating with Tina. He was spinning the wheelchair around and I heard Tina laughing like crazy. I started to smile.

"Charlie?" I heard Courtney asked. I looked at her. She grabbed my hand and locked fingers with mine.

Maybe I'm starting to get feelings for Courtney again.

"Will you come back to the team?"