Chapter 47

Courtney

I was standing outside with Coach. The police, the ambulance, and the fire department was already here seeing on whether Hans was killed, or just died of old age. The wind was starting to pick up. I constantly kept pushing my hair out of my face and behind my ear. I sighed.

"Where could Adam and James be?" I asked to Coach. Coach shook his head lightly. He looked to his right.

"Here they are." Coach said. I looked over on the street and saw a black pickup truck start to make its way through the police cars. I walked over to the car. I pulled the yellow tape over my head and walk over to the car.

At the same time, Adam and James came rushing out of the car and to me. James came up to me the quickest. He grabbed my shoulders and started to look at me.

"You okay? What's going on? Are you hurt?" James asked in a rush. Adam came running up to me too. I closed my eyes and leaned my head onto James shoulder. He wrapped my into a tight hug.

"Hans is gone." I tried to keep my cool. Not to cry was my goal. I tucked my head more to underneath James's chin.

"What?" Adam asked. I got out of James tight grip and looked at Adam flushed face. My eyes were watering. I shook my head lightly.

"I came to see Hans because he wanted to see-"

"Adam! James!" I heard Coach tell. We all turned around and saw Coach fast walking to us. "Glad you can make it."

"He's really gone?" James asked. I swallowed hard and looked down.

"Yes, he died." Coach said with no sweet tone to his voice. I started to cry a little more. I saw a police officer come behind James and Adam.

"Hello, I'm Officer Gomez and I would like to interview you. Now, what's your name?" She asked.

"Courtney Ocean Jane." I replied. She took out a little notebook and a black pen. She flipped the notebook open and started to jot things down.