Chapter 29

Adam

I looked down on the ice and saw the Ducks. Their coach was talking to them. I was trying to find Courtney. Connie, Guy, Goldberg, Dwayne, Fulton, Courtney! She had her head down. "So Adam. Whatcha looking at?" Brendan asked. I was still staring down at Courtney.

"Someone." I replied. Courtney's head pop up, then she got onto the ice.

"Name maybe?" Brendan asked in a very rude way.

"Number thirty-two." I replied. There was a pause. I saw Courtney skate over to the center ice. Another player went out to the ice too. The other team didn't look like the best team. They look small and scared.

"Oh, Courtney Jane," Brendan said. "She's feisty." I looked at Brendan, he was staring out to the ice. I shot him a confused look.

"Wait, what?" I asked. He looked at me and smirked.

"Yeah man, she's hot." Brendan repeated.

"Uh." I looked over at Lauren. She was giving Brendan a dirty look. Brendan looked at her and smiled.

"Don't worry, you're hotter." Brendan said. "Get me some popcorn." He demanded Lauren. She rolled her eyes and got up. "Thanks."

"You're unbelievable." Lauren snapped, then she left. I shook my head at Brendan.

"Really?" I asked. He looked out onto the ice. He shrugged.

"I don't care."

"What? You just dissed your girlfriend." I stated.

"So?" He asked. My jaw dropped.

"You are such a damn player."

"Great. If the ladies love me, I'm good." He said with a smirk. All of a sudden, I heard the crowd gasp. I looked back at the game and saw Courtney laying in her side. Her bad side. I saw Charlie skate over to Courtney real quick and kneel in front of her. I got up from my seat as ran as fast as I could to the door to get onto the ice. A security guard stopped me.

"Hey! You!" He screamed. He grabbed me by the arm and yanked me back. "What the hell do you think you're doin'?" He asked. I looked back at the ice and still saw Courtney on the ice. Her face was twisted from all the pain. I looked back at the guard.

"Look, I need to get to Courtney!" I yelled.

"No you ain't." He snapped.

"Come on! That's my girl!" I yelled. He stared at me like he was trying to make a life changing choice. He nodded. I smiled. He let go of my arm and opened the door. I got out onto the ice and walk-ran to Courtney. She is in so much pain. I got to her and kneeled.

"Banks?" I heard Charlie asked. I looked back up at him. "What are you doing?"

"Helping Courtney." I answered. I looked back at Courtney before Charlie got a chance to yell at me. "Courtney?" I asked. She opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Adam?" She asked. "What... What-"

"I'm here to help you." I cut in. I looked up at Charlie. "Help me to get Courtney to the locker room."