Chapter 90

Adam

I'm already at prom, at a table with Tex and his date, Mackenzie Dif. She's a really nice girl. Anyway, it's already been five minutes into prom and I'm already at the point to where I want to leave.

"Hey Banks, what's wrong man?" Tex asked while his arm was around Mackenzie. I shrugged.

"I'm fine." I lied. He nodded.

"Hey Adam." I heard someone say. I looked behind me and saw Charlie and Matt come to our table.

"Hey Charlie, where's your dates?" I asked. They came over and say down.

"Decided last minute that they needed to go to the bathroom." Charlie laughed. We all started to laugh.

"Oh, uh, Tex, Mackenzie, this is my best friend Charlie and his friend Matt, Charlie, Matt, this is my friend Tex and his date Mackenzie." I introduced. They all started to shake hands with each other. Then Tex put his arm back around Mackenzie.

"Man, where could they be?" Matt asked, looking down at his watch. I tried my best to ignore him since I'm not to fond of him. I heard girl laughter.

I looked behind me and saw Catie and Courtney walk in. I stared at Courtney as my jaw dropped. She looked... Amazing, beautiful, perfect. She looked at me and stopped walking. She was staring at me. But I noticed something.

She's not wearing her glasses.

"Courtney?" I asked. I stood up real fast, tripping on my own foot, but catching my balance. I was still staring at Courtney with my jaw dropped. "Courtney, where's your glasses?"

"I don't like them."