Chapter 37

Courtney

I was tying my ice skates, trying not to throw up. Today, we play Varsity in a challenge. I was thinking about Adam. We have to play each other, and I didn't like that idea. I love Adam and he loves me. I don't want to break that over a stupid game. This breaks my heart. I heard James scoot closer to me and put his arm around me.

"Nervous?" He asked softly. I nodded. I turned to him.

"Why have you been so good to me when I'm so," I paused. "bad to you?" I asked with a whimper. James let out a little chuckle.

"It's called love, Courtney." James replied. I nodded slightly. He smirked at me. "I know you don't have that for me."

"You don't know that." I replied. What the hell did I just say? James stared at me.

"You still like me?" He asked. I shrugged and smiled slightly.

"That is for you to figure out." I said. He started to laugh.

"Wow, thanks Courtney." James said sarcastically. I laughed. Maybe he's not so bad after all. He looked at me. "Ready?" I nodded.

"Let's go." James and I got up and went to the ice.

"Race?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Last time I raced someone, I ended up in the hospital." I stated. James nodded.

"Alright mate, what happens if I tickle you?" He asked with a grin.

"I'm not ticklish." I said, trying to keep a straight face. James nodded.

"Okay, so you won't mind if I do this?!" He asked. He reached over and started to tickle my sides. I started to laugh.

"James! Stop! Please!" I screamed. He started to laugh.

"Nope!" He yelled back. He started to tickle me more. I grabbed his arms and tried to pull him away. Once he finally stopped, I caught my breath.

We both started to a little laugh after. I heard people come onto the ice. I looked up and saw Adam and his friend skate onto the ice. I smiled and skated over to him.

"Hey Adam." Adam looked over at me and stared at me.

"Courtney." He snapped. I shot him a confused look.He rolled his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, where's your boyfriend?" He asked.

"What?" I asked. He threw his head back.

"Ooohhh, don't even play that with me, Courtney." Adam said. My jaw dropped.

"Adam? What are you talkin' 'bout?!" I asked. I heard James skate up to me and Adam.

"Oh, you're gonna sick James on me too? Remember the last time me and James got into a fight? Huh?" Adam continued. "Broke your wittle heart, didn't it?" Adam asked in a baby voice.

"Adam... What the hell has gotten into you? You weren't like this before." I stated, trying not to cry.

"Enough game, Jane. I'll see you on the ice." Adam snapped, then, he skated away.