Chapter 82

Adam

I was with Tex right now at the mall to get some tuxes for prom tomorrow. I don't know if it's worth going, but I'm still going. To be there for Courtney. To show her that it's okay for her to date Matt.

"How about this tie?" Tex asked, holding up the tie.

"Nah, it's not really you." I replied. Tex nodded and put it back. "Are you going to prom with anyone?" I asked. Tex looked at me.

"Well, yeah." Tex said like I was stupid. "I asked Julie." I stared at him with shock.

"Julie Gaffney?" I asked. He picked up another tie and looked in the mirror, holding the tie up to his neck.

"Yeah, why?" He asked. I shrugged. He looked at me. "Were you gonna ask her?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Oh, no I wasn't gonna ask her. I just know her. She's a great goalie." I implied.

"Yeah, she is." He turned and faced me. "How about this one?" I nodded.

"Better." I said. He nodded and put the tie in his cart.

"Let's pay for our clothes and get something to eat." Tex said. I nodded.

"Okay, I'm up for that." Tex laughed. We started to walk to the cash registers. 

________________________
Courtney

"James! Stop!" I screamed. I started to laugh.

"Hold on I'm almost done!" James yelled back. Ocean and Charlie started to crack up.

"James, you are super bad at doin' make up." Ocean said while laughing.

"And.... I'm done!" James said. He turned me and around to look in the mirror.

"What the hell did you do?!" I asked. We all started to laugh. "You put the eye shadow on my cheeks!" I yelled. We all started to laugh again.

"Well I'm sorry." James said sarcastically.  I started to laugh even harder.

"Come here Courtney, let's get that off of you." Ocean said. I nodded. I sat back down on the bed while Ocean went to the bathroom to get toilet paper to wipe off all the make up. James and Charlie were still laughing. I started to cough to calm down my laughter.