Chapter 107

Courtney

We finally got to the table with the sports interviewers. One of them looked really familiar. I looked up at Adam. He was looking around. I smiled.

"Okay you two. Here's your headphones which you will wear to hear the interviewers, and just look your best." The one interviewer that looked really familiar came up to us.

"Hello. My names is Aaron and I'm going to be one of the interviewers for tonight, so would you please sit over there?" He asked.

"Excuse me, but what is your last name?" I asked. He smiled.

"Hall, why?" He asked. My jaw dropped.

"Aaron, Aaron its me, Courtney?" I asked. He gave me a confused look.

"What?" He asked.

"You were the one that helped me with my shoes, and you gave me that promise ring, look, I'm still wearing it." I stated. I lifted up my right pinky which had the ring on it. Aaron grabbed my hand and looked at the ring, then at me.

"Courtney?" He asked. I smiled. "Courtney Jane, it's been forever!" He yelled with a laugh. He came up and gave me a hug. I hugged back. We let go and started to smile.

"Mr. Hall, thirty seconds." One of the cameramen stated. We looked at each other.

"We'll talk after." Aaron said. I nodded.

"Yeah." I sighed. We all got to the table and put on our headphones. We looked at the cameramen. He lifted up his hand. Five, four, three, two, one...

"Hello and welcome. My names is Aaron P. Hall."

"And I'm Noah Grate. And we are with two of the players from the Freshman team. We have here Courtney Jane and Adam Banks. So, what are you guys thinking when we talk about the third period?" Noah asked.

"Well, I think of a great comeback. Hopefully we do good on the third period and at least tie the score." I stated.

"Yeah, I really hope we can at least just make one score. The Varsity team is a very fast team and if we play harder, and if we comeback kids do good, then we can probably win this game." Adam stated.

"What happened to you, I mean, what where were you thinking on getting into that fight with Shift? He's a bigger guy then you are, no offense, but what was going through your mind, Adam, if you would like to tell us about that?" Aaron asked. I looked at Adam.

"You know, a lot was going through my mind. Me and Shift don't have to greatest friendship. I totally forgot about how the damn fight started, I just remember trying to get him on the ice. I have been in a lot of fights before, but this one was the roughest." Adam replied. Aaron nodded.

"And what was going through, your mind, Courtney, when you saw Adam fighting Matt, because I know you and Matt are engaged?" Noah asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, me and Matt are engaged, but um, I just remember like, tryin' to figure out who to go for, you know? Like, should I go for Adam? Or Matt? So I was really goin' back and forth on that one." I replied. They nodded.

"Okay, that's it for us, thank you Courtney and Adam, and good luck." Aaron said.

"Thank you." Adam and I said. We looked at the camera.

"Okay, we will be right back, after the break." Noah said. Then, the buzzer went off. The lady came to us.

"Okay, Courtney, Adam, let's take you back to the locker room. Ten minutes till the game is on." The lady stated. I looked back at Aaron.

"I'll talk to you later!" I yelled. He nodded. We started to head back to the locker room.