Chapter 53

Charlie

I thought about it. I looked back on the ice and saw Orion skating with his daughter. I looked back at Courtney. "So, he does like me?" I asked. Courtney tighten her grip on my hand.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Okay, I'll come back." I sighed. She smiled with shock.

"Really?" She asked. I smiled. "Yay!" I cheered. She kissed me. She really kissed me. Man, do I miss her kisses. She leaned back. "Okay, let's get goin'. We have to talk to Coach. We have a game today and we are playing at another college." We got up and left.

_________________________

"Are you ready?" Courtney asked. I nodded. She held my hand again and squeezed it. We let go and started to walk to the bus. The whole team was already in the bus. Courtney and I started to walk up.

We got to the stairs of the bus and Courtney climbed up first, and I went after. I saw Courtney walk over and sit at an empty seat. I stopped at the second to the top stair. I saw Coach Orion stop and look at me.

"Charlie?" Coach asked. I nodded.

"Hi Coach Orion. I want to talk to you. I want to apologize for the way I acted at the practice the other day. I have been thinking and with the help of friends, I would like it if you accept my apology and have me come back to the team." I stated, hoping he would say yes. He smile.

"Welcome back, Conway. We missed you." He said. I smiled and everyone started to clap. I went up and shook his hand, then made my way to the same seat that Courtney was sitting on. I sat down and looked at Courtney. She smiled.

"Welcome back." She said. I smiled. Coach looked at all of us.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Coach, please, oh, please, take me back!" Russ said mockingly. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Oh, shut up Russ." James said. He sounded more like a British man then a Australian man. I started to laugh.

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road!" He said. We started to cheer again.

"Wait! Mr. Orion!" I heard someone yell over our cheering. I looked over at the man, it was Principal Stafford.

"Yes, Mr. Stafford." Coach said.

"I have to talk to you about your team, so if you don't mind following me." He said. Coach shook his head.

"No, if you have anything to say about the team, I want you to say it in front of us." Coach Orion said. Mr. Stafford stared at him, the nodded.

"Very well, you guys may not play at the game." He said. We all stared at him.

"What?" Coach Orion asked.

"I'm taking away all the freshman's scholarship and they must leave." He said.

What is going on?