Chapter 109

Courtney

"Okay team! Let's get out there and do this!" I heard Coach yell. We all started to cheer. I walked over to my locker and got my helmet on. I started to put my gloves on. Everyone started to leave.

"Come on Jane!" I heard Charlie yell.

"Okay, let me grab my stick!" I yelled back. I put my left glove on, then grabbed my stick. I started to walk with Charlie.

"Man, this is nerve racking." Charlie stated. I nodded.

"Yeah. It is. But we need to win this." I replied. All of a sudden, I heard the crowd start to cheer again I started to smile. We walked over to the bench and sat down.

"Goldberg, you're on the ice this time. And I want James, Charlie, Les, Russ, and Connie out there. Let's go!" Coach yelled. Everyone, except for Goldberg, jumped over the wall and started to go on the ice. Goldberg opened the door and walked out. I got more comfortable on the bench and started to zone out.

I started to see things. I closed my eyes, then opened. It was a flashback of when I was younger. Coach Bombay was talking to me about the shoutout, and asked if I wanted to do it. I skated out to the center ice. I swallowed hard, then started to go. I kept on getting closer and closer to the goal. Then I started my triple deke. Left, right, left-

I heard the buzzer go off. I closed my eyes quickly, then opened them. Connie scored! She tied the game! I jumped up from the seat and started to throw my fist up in the air.

"Yeah! Go Connie!" I yelled. They all came over and fist bump us. I started to smile and cheer. I sat down right after. They all got into their positions again. I kept an eye on James just in case we had to change.

I bent forward and put my elbows on my knees. The referee went over to center ice and threw the puck down. Charlie and Brendan fought for it.

"Come on Charlie!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. He finally got it and passed it to Les. Les started to race down the ice. Tex went over and slammed Les into the glass, having the puck go flying and hitting the corner of the wall and go behind the Varisty's goalie. I saw James raise his hand.

Finally!

I got up and sat down on the wall quickly. I waited for James to get on the wall so there wouldn't be to many men on ice. Once James finally got up there. I grabbed his shoulders and swung my legs to the other side of the wall.

"Great job." I said quickly.

"Good luck." I hopped onto the ice and started to skate into the game.