Chapter 65

Courtney

After the funeral, we went to a restaurant for lunch. I was sitting next to James and Charlie. Adam was sitting in front of me with Johnny and Coach Bombay sitting next to him.

"So, when is your next hockey game?" Coach asked while taking a bite of his sandwich. We all stopped what we were doing and looked at him.

"We don't." Charlie answered. Coach started to laugh.

"Nice joke Charlie, but really, when is it?" He asked with a nervous laugh. I shook my head.

"We're not joking." Russ cut in. Coach looked at me.

"What?" He asked.

"The principal kicked us all out. And everyone's goin' back to their home. Like I'm goin' back to Tennessee." I said.

"And I'm goin' back to Texas." Dwayne stated sadly.

"I'm going back to Maine." Julie added.

"And I'm going to Florida." Luis said.

"And I'm going to California." Ken stated.

"Me too." Russ sighed sadly.

"I might me moving to Australia." James added.

"Who's at least staying in Minnesota?" Coach asked. Charlie, Connie, Guy, Fulton, Adam, McGill, Les, and Goldberg rose their hands slowly. Coach sighed. "They can't do that." Coach stated.

"I know! That's what we have been trying to say." Les said.

"No, they can't do that at all. You guys sighed a contract, right?" Coach asked. We all nodded. "See? You guys sighed the contract and now you can't leave." Coach said. We all started to look at each other in shook.

"So, we can stay?" Dwayne asked. Coach nodded.

"I'm now, going to have a meeting with the council on that one. Thank you guys for telling me." We all smiled.

"No, thank you."