Chapter 24

Courtney

Charlie and I walked into the waiting room and saw Adam sitting in the chair next to Brendan. They both looked up at us. "Hello guys!" Brendan said happily. They got up and walked over to us.

"Hey Courtney. You look pretty." Adam implied softly. I smiled.

"Thanks Adam. You look nice too." I replied. Brendan clapped his hand together to get our attention.

"Alright, should we go in? We have been waiting for you, everyone's here." Brendan asked. We all started to walk. Adam didn't look the happiest for some reason, but Brendan sure did. We finally got the our own dinning room and the whole team was there. I sat next to Connie and Charlie. Adam was sitting in front of me. A waiter came by and dropped off me and Charlie waters. Then walked away. I grabbed it and took a sip.

"Why were you late?" Brendan asked me. I swallowed my water hard.

"We almost got into an accident." Charlie replied. Adam stared at me.

"Oh my gosh, are you guys alright?" Adam asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, now I'm more scared of car recks." I replied. I looked down.

"Oh yeah." Adam sighed, remembering the car accident I was in. I shrugged.

"Hey, we're here now, we're fine." I said, underneath the table, I grabbed Charlie hand. He looked at me, then smiled. I smiled back.

_________________________

"Man, that was a great dinner!" Les implied. We all nodded in agreement. I was still waiting for something to happen. The Varsity Team hates us, why would they take us to dinner?

Adam has been staring at me for about two minutes and smiling. I would look at him and smile back at some points during the dinner. Brendan clapped his hands again to get everyone's attention. That started to get on my nerves.

"Okay. Time for your guys surprise. But the varsity team has to wait outside because we can't keep a secret! Come one guys." He said. All of varsity team got up and started to walk away from the table. Except for Adam, he looked upset. "Come on Banks, let's go." Brendan muttered, patting Adams shoulder. Adam looked up at me. Then, he got up and left with Brendan. I looked at Charlie.

"Somethin' is wrong." I implied. He nodded.

"Really wrong." Charlie stated.

"Maybe not," Guy added in. "I heard two of the varsity players talking in the bathroom and they said that the surprise was a cake." I bit my bottom lip in nervousness. The double doors opened and a cake came in with blue writing on it.

"Thanks for the dinner losers!" I yelled, reading what the cake said. The waiter went over to Charlie and handed him the check. Charlie stared at it for a couple seconds, then put it on the table roughly, throwing is head back. I grabbed the check and looked at the price. "Eight hundred and forty six dollars! Of course!" I yelled.

"How we gonna pay that?" Russ asked. The waiter looked at us.

"You guys can't pay?" He asked. We all stared at him blankly. "Then you guys will clean! Get up! Get up! You three!" Pointing at Goldberg, Connie and Les. "Clean the bathroom! And you two!" Pointing at Charlie and me. "Dump all the food and put the plates in the tubs! And the rest! In the kitchen. You guys have dishes to do! Go!" He yelled. A waiter came over and handed me and Charlie a cart with two tubs.

"You can roll the cart, I'll dump the food and put them in the tub." Charlie said. I nodded. I took off my high heels and put them on one of the chairs. I grabbed the cart and started to roll it.

"I can't believe Adam." I said. "He said he wouldn't do this to us! That lying son of a-"

"Hey! Work faster!" One of the waiter said. I rolled my eyes.

"I knew this would happen." Charlie said. "I just could tell. He's the richy type. We're the hood type. He's snotty. He has everything that he could ever want." Charlie said. I shook my head.

"Except for one thing." Charlie stared at me.

"What?" He asked. I stared at him.

"He doesn't have the Ducks anymore."