Chapter 25

Courtney

I was sitting cris-cross on my bed in my sweats and my sweatshirt Adam gave me when I was in Team USA. I was just staring down at my bed. I was thinking about Adam. I mean, how could he? He promised he wouldn't ever do something like that ever again. I heard Catie opening the door. I didn't look up though. I heard he close the door.

"Courtney? Are you okay?" She asked softly. I shook my head. She came over and sat on my bed and put her arm around me. "What's wrong?" I shrugged.

"The guy I love is breakin' my heart." I stated. I put my head on her shoulder and started to tear up.

"Who?"

"Adam. The guy who came over to apologize 'bout that prank." I replied. I felt her nod her head.

"I'm so sorry, Courtney." I sat up and wiped my tears.

"Enough about me. What have you been doin'?"

"Oh, nothing much, just classes." She replied. I smiled.

"What is your dream job? I mean, like, what are you here for?" I asked.

"I wanna be a fashion designer." She said.

"Oh that's cool. You do dress well." We started laughing. I heard the someone knock on the door. "I got it." I got up and walked to the door. I opened it and saw Adam standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Courtney." He said. I crossed my arms.

"What do you want?" I snapped. Adam looked down looked down at the flowers.

"Look, I'm sorry." He apologized.

"That's what you said last time, remember. 'I won't do it again'." I said. He nodded slightly.

"I didn't know what I was doing. They were threatening me. They said if I don't do this then they would kick me out." He explained.

"So? I got the opportunity to get on the team and play for Varsity but I said no because I wanted to stay with the Ducks." I snapped. He nodded.

"I understand." I stared at him with frustration. "Uh, I wanna give this to you." Adam said as he handed my the flowers.

"Why did you do this?" I asked as I grabbed the flowers.

"Because I still love you." Adam paused. "And I know you don't really love me anymore. But I still do. And I always will. You're my everything. I can't live without you." He said. I started to tear up. I wiped my tears with my hand with the sleeve pulled up.

"I need time to think, Adam. I think you should go." I said. Adam nodded and walked away. I closed the door and put my head on the door and started to cry. "Why, why, why, why." I kept on repeating.

"Oh, Courtney, I think you're tired. Come to bed." Catie said. I nodded and walked back to the bed. Catie grabbed the flowers from my hand. "What do you want me to do with these?" I grabbed one of the flowers and started to run my thumb on the pedals. I smiled lightly.

"Can you put it in some water?" I asked. Carrie nodded and smiled.

"Sure hun, go to bed. I'll see you in the morning."