Chapter 67

Adam

I was in my dorm trying to decide on what to wear for the council meeting tomorrow. Coach Bombay is going to be our lawyer and the whole freshman team is going to be there too. Also the varsity team.

I don't know why they want to come, but they do. Coach Orion and Coach Ruck is going too. If we do win the case, I'm going to ask Courtney to prom. But if we don't, I'm not going to ask.

I don't think she going to say yes anyway if I do ask. I really think she is going to say yes to Matt. Because I think she's in love with him. I heard a knock at the door. I put my shirt down on my bed and walked over to the door. I unlocked it and opened it up.

"Hey Charlie." He looked at me with much worry in his face. "Charlie? What's wrong man?" I asked. Charlie started to look around. Then he barged into the room, closing it behind him. He walked over to my bed and sat down. "Charlie?" I asked. He started to shake his head.

"This is not good." He said. I stared at him.

"What's not good?" I asked. He sighed. He looked at me, still shaking his head.

"It's about Courtney." He replied. I walked over to my desk and grabbed my chair and sat down so I don't pass out.

"What's wrong with Courtney?" I ask while trying to keep my voice at a normal tone.

"Matt... Matt was talking to me yesterday on how much he loves Courtney. Well, I was starting to zone out of the whole conversation so I don't start to fall in love with Courtney again. Then, I heard him say something. And I zoned back in. I asked him to repeat the last part again and he said-" Charlie stopped talking.

"What?! What did he say?!" I asked with anxiety. He shook his head again.

"He... He said he wants to marry Courtney." Charlie finished. I swallowed hard. "So, today, he wasn't having a sister-brother day. He was trying to find a engagement ring for Courtney so he can propose to her in a couple days." My jaw dropped and it felt like I had to throw up.

"We need to stop this." I demanded.

"I tried. I asked him if he thought it was a little to soon for this because he just meet Courtney but he said no because he was in love with Courtney. He said he gets this amazing felling inside him when he is around Courtney he said that was love. He really does love her."

"And I love her too! I have for eleven years now! He just met her and Courtney is going to be a Courtney Shift!" I yelled. I put my head down to process this.

I need to stop this.