Chapter 22

Courtney

I was getting ready for the dinner tonight. I was going through my bag to find my ring in the bathroom. "Woah, Court! Are you digging for gold?" I heard Catie yell from her bed.

"I wish. I'm tryin' to find my ring." I yelled back. There was a pause.

"This it?" She asked. I ran into the room and saw her holding up my ring.

"Yeah, that's it. Where'd you find it?" I asked as I walked up to her and got it.

"I hope you don't mind but I wore it for a dinner with my step-parents." She replied. I shrugged and put the ring on.

"I don't mind." She smiled.

"Okay." I heard a knock at the door. "I got it, you go get ready." I nodded and ran into the bathroom to get my make up on. "Hey Charlie." I heard her say.

"Hey Catie, is Courtney here?" He asked. I ran out of the bathroom.

"Hey Charlie. I'm not done yet, I'll be ready in a minute." I called out. He nodded

"Okay, take your time." He said. Catie turned back and faced Charlie. I started to mouth "talk to her" and started to do "go ahead" hand signals. He shook his head little. I nodded. I walked into the bathroom again and closed the door. I put my ear up to the door to tune into their convocation.

"So, how are you?" Charlie asked.

"Doing great, and you?" Catie asked. There was a pause.

"Good." Charlie said.

"Hey uh, I was talking to Courtney and she said that you were a nice, sweet, kind guy and not a jock." Catie stated.

"Really? She said that about me?" Charlie asked.

"Dammit." I whispered. Now he thinks I like him.

"Yeah, and maybe we can meet up sometime." Catie implied.

"Yeah, that'll be nice." I opened the bathroom door and walked to Catie and Charlie.

"Alright, I'm ready." I started to walk out with Charlie.

"You guys have fun alright?" I heard Catie yell. I laughed and turned to her.

"Okay!"