Chapter 112

Courtney

"Okay Courtney, sit still." The doctor demanded. I sat up more in my chair and rested my chin on the x-ray. All of a sudden, I heard a buzz from the machine, then it started to rotate around my head. Then, it's stopped.

The doctor came in and unhooked me from the x-ray. "Okay Jane. You're good. Just go in and sit on the chair, I'll be out in a minute." I nodded and walked to the chair and sat down.

I heard someone barge into the locker room. I looked over and saw Coach Bombay. He looked at me.

"Hey Courtney. What's wrong? Are you okay?" Coach asked. I nodded. The doctor came in.

"Hi Mr. Bombay. Nice to see you again." I looked at Coach and pointed at the doctor. He started to laugh.

"He was my doctor for when I was in the NHL." Coach replied. I nodded slowly.

"Anyway, I figured out why you can't move your jaw. See, it came out of socket, so if I do this:" He came over and grabbed the top of my head and my bottom jaw. They he slid my jaw to the right. I heard a huge pop, and I little bit of hurt.

"Ow!" I yelled. He let go of my head as I swung my hand to my jaw. "Hey, I can talk." I stated. They all started to laugh.

"Okay, you're good now. You have seven more minute of ice time. Go out and play. I'll call your coach." The doctor said. I smiled and let go of my jaw.

"Thanks." I said. I got up from my chair and looked at Coach. He smiled.

"Glad you're okay." He blurted. I smiled.

"Thanks Coach."

"Okay, let's get you out there." We started to walk out of the locker room.

"Are you watchin' the game?" I asked.

"Of course I am, you really thought I was going to miss this?" He asked with a laugh. I started to laugh too.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Coach stopped laughing.

"What's wrong?" Coach asked. I stopped walking, Coach stopped right after.

"I'm gettin' married." I blurted. Coach smiled.

"Oh my gosh! You and Adam are finally getting married! When is it?" He asked.

"Why does everyone think that me and Adam are gettin' married?" I asked. Coach shot me a confused look. "You know Matt Shift?" I asked. Coach nodded.

"Of course I do! He is like, the best player in all of college teams! Why?" Coach asked.

"Because I'm marryin' him. But I don't have a good feelin' about this, at all. But I love Matt."

"But, you love Adam too?" Coach asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I don't know what to do anymore, you're like my dad, what should I do?"