Chapter 19

Courtney

We were all walking to the locker room. Tired, sweaty, sore, and many other things was what I was feeling right now. Adam's gone, Portman's gone for college in San Diego. What can go wrong? Well, a lot. We lost two players and we are a small team. This is just great. We opened the locker room door and sat down by our lockers.

"I miss Coach Bombay." Connie blurted.

"Agreed." Charlie sighed. Coach Orion has been really hard on Charlie for some reason. We can't figure out why. I turned around and started to open my locker, but the locker has been tampered.

"Hey guys, my locks broken." I announced. Everyone looked at me.

"Come on, Courtney. This is no time to be joking around." Les stated. I looked at him coldly.

"I'm not kiddin'! It's been broken into!" I yelled. There was a pause.

"Hey, mine too!" Luis yelled.

"Me too!" Dwayne added in. Everyone ran to their locker to see if their locker was broken into too. Everyone started to say "mine too" over and over. I finally opened my locker.

"My clothes are gone!" I yelled over everyone's yelling. I heard everyone's locker open and gasps. I started to hear something. I stood up. "Shhh! Guys be quiet!" I yelled. Everyone grew silent. I heard water running. Someone's in the shower. Or something.

I grabbed my stick and started to walk to the shower, everyone behind me. I opened the shower door and looked inside. Everyone's clothes were in a huge pile while the water was running. I looked up on the wall. There was writing that said "freshmen hockey sucks". I sighed in frustration.

"Great. Now we have to go to our dorms like this." Adam was probably in this. We all got our empty bags and sticks and started to head out. I opened the locker room door and saw all the varsity hockey team standing there, even Adam. They were all laughing, except for Adam.

"Freshmen hockey sucks!" I heard one of the jocks mockingly. They started to laugh even more. I was staring at Adam.

"Really Adam?" I snapped, then I nudged him on my way out.

"Wait Courtney-" I turned around.

"What? Look, I understand now. You join those stupid jocks, I totally understand! You just follow their footsteps. You obviously like them better then the Ducks. You know what?" I paused and I shock my head. "Goodbye Adam."