Chapter 98

Adam

It's been a couple days since the prom. I haven't seen Courtney in a while too. I think Courtney is starting to like me again. Maybe I can have a chance with her again. I will be so happy if Courtney and Matt broke up.

I really love Courtney. I was sitting on my bed cleaning my ice skates. We have the Freshman vs. Varsity game in two days, so tomorrow is practice. I heard a knock on the door.

I put my skates on my bed and walked to the door. I opened it and saw Ocean standing there with sunglasses and an envelope in her hands.

"Ocean?" I asked. She looked around, then walked in. "Come.. In?" I closed the door and looked at her.

"You're not gonna be happy with what I'm about to say." Ocean implied as she walked closer to me.

"Look, Ocean. I think you're pretty and nice, but I like Courtney. I'm sorry." She started to laugh a little.

"No, I don't like you like that. I have something for you." Ocean handed me the envelope. I grabbed it softly. I tore the envelope opened and opened the letter inside:

Dear Adam Banks,

We would like to invite you to the most important day of Courtney Jane and Matt Shift's life, they day they join together for marriage. Please come as Courtney and Matt because the Shift family.

Food will be provided in this day. For men, we advise you to wear a green or yellow tie, and for women, we advise you to wear any dress that's green or yellow. The wedding date is at 12:00 pm on October 3, 2003 at St. Mary's Chapel. For any question, please call either Courtney or Matt. Thank you.

I stared at the letter. Rereading it over and over. "Are you okay, Adam?" I heard Ocean ask. I looked up at her.

"They're getting married?" I asked. She nodded slowly.

"Yeah, Matt proposed to Courtney at prom." Ocean replied. I put the letter on my desk and sat down on the chair so I wouldn't pass out.

"So, she really does love Matt." I sighed.

"Yeah." Ocean sighed. I put my head in my hands. "Look, I tried to stop him. I don't want Courtney to hitch him, I want you to."

"Yeah? Well, it's too late. She's gonna marry him and become Courtney Shift and my life is gonna be ruined."