Chapter 21

Courtney

"So have you talked to Mr. Know-it-all lately?" Charlie asked, referring to Adam.

"Yeah, I have." I answered. We sat down on the table with our trays.

"What's up with him?"

"I don't know. He said he wasn't part of it and I believe him. He has never lied to me ever and I believe him." I replied. The rest of the team came over and sat down. "Hey y'all."

"Hey Courtney, hey Charlie." Connie said as she sat down next to me. The whole team except for Goldberg.

"Hey Les, where's Goldberg?" I asked while taking a bit of my sandwich.

"I'm right here!" Goldberg yelled. I looked over at him and he had a huge plate of dessert treats.

"Goldberg!" We all yelled. He sat down right next to Julie.

"Hey Julie, I wanna help you with your diet." Goldberg said. I rolled my eyes and looked at Charlie. He was looking at Goldberg, shaking his head. I looked back at them. "Look. You need to get... Thicker, to be goalie. You know? And you need to get more energy for hockey. So I'm giving this to you to get more energy."

"Thanks Goldberg." Julie said. She picked up a chocolate strawberry and started to eat it.

"Hey Freshmen." I heard someone say. We looked up and saw the varsity team standing by Charlie.

"What do you want?" Guy asked.

"Look, we want to apologize for what happened to your clothes in the locker room, so, we want to take you to dinner. At Olive Garden." Brendan said. "On us." We started to look at each other.

"Alright. When?" Charlie asked.

"Tonight. At seven. See you guys there." Brendan said. The Varsity Team left, except for Adam. He looked disappointed, then he smiled.

"It's gonna be fun, don't miss it." He said, then he left. I looked at Charlie.

"Does the whole dinner this sound a little suspicious to you?" I asked. He shook his head.

"They said sorry. I think I can trust them."