Chapter 97

Courtney

"No, I don't like that color." I complained.

"Alright, how about... blue and black?" Matt asked, pointing at the magazine. I leaned more on the desk and looked at the page.

"No..." I sighed.

"Okay, what colors do you want?" Matt asked, leaning more into me as he started to close his eyes.

"Green and yellow." I replied. He stopped leaning into me.

"Why green and yellow?" He asked as he opened his eyes.

"Because that was the colors of my first hockey team." I said, then I pecked his lips.

"Okay, the colors are green and yellow. Now, where is it gonna be?" He asked.

"Oh, there's a nice church close round here that's a great place for a weddin'." I replied. He nodded.

"That's good. Who's all going?" He asked.

"Okay, I want Charlie, Catie, Adam-"

"Adam? Does he have to come?" Matt asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I've known him ever since I was twelve years old." I replied. "Why?"

"I don't know, we really don't like each other." Matt replied.

"Well, I want him to come." I stated. Matt nodded.

"Okay, who else?"

"Goldberg, James-"

"James? Isn't that your ex?" Matt asked.

"Well, yeah but we are friends now." I replied.

"Alright then, who else?"

"Connie, Guy, Julie, Dwayne, Luis, Ocean, Jesse, Les, Fulton, Dylan-"

"Who the hell is Dylan?" Matt asked.

"A friend of mine, but he's cool." Matt sighed.

"Fine, who else?"

"Um, McGill, Ken, Dean-"

"Okay, now who's Dean?" Matt asked, cutting me off.

"He is a friend of mine from Team USA."

"Jeez you know a lot of people." Matt implied.

"Yeah, oh! And also Coach Bombay and Coach Orion."

"Hey guys." I heard someone say. We looked over and saw Catie and Charlie walk over while Charlie's arm was over Catie. They came to our table and sat down.

"Why are you guys in the library?" Charlie asked, pulling a magazine closer to him. Catie looked over at the magazine. They both looked at us at the same time, Catie's face was smiling and in shock while Charlie's was just in shock.

"You guys... are getting married?" Charlie asked. I lifted my hand to show them my ring. Charlie slowly and softly grabbed my hand and brought it closer to him. Both Catie and Charlie looked at the ring, then back at me with the same face expression.

"You guys are getting married?!" Catie asked. Matt put his arm around me as I smiled.

"Does... Adam, know?" Charlie asked. I shook my head.

"No, not yet."

"Oh, okay."