Chapter 16

Courtney

Beep, beep, beep!

I started to opened my eyes to the beeping of the alarm clock. I rub my eyes and look at the time. 7:34. Class starts at nine o'clock for us. I finally get the strength to pull myself out of bed. I could barely see anything.

I start to feel for my glasses. Once I found them, I got them on. I look over at Catie, she's sleeping like a rock. I do a stretch for my arms and go to the closet. I open it and find one of my favorite dresses. First day of college, here comes the Ducks.

________________________

I was at my locker, putting in my combination. I finally got it opened and started to put my books inside. "Hey there." I heard someone say. I looked to my right and saw three guys looking at me, one of them was leaning against the locker next to mine, checking me out. "You new here?"

"What do you think?" I asked. He let out a little laugh.

"Ah! Fresh meat." I rolled my eyes and started to put the books into my locker. "What are you here for? Cheerleading? I can see you in a dress like that." He said as he started to lift up the bottom of my dress. I turned around and slapped him in the face.

"No, I'm play hockey. Let me guess, you're here because of your manner issue?" I snapped. He looked up at me with his hand on his cheek.

"Great. See you at the games." I have him a dirty look.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He took his hand off his cheek and I saw he was kind of bleeding. I looked down at my hand and saw I was wearing a ring.

"I'm on the Variety hockey team." He replied. I rolled my eyes again. "Good luck." He replied with a smirk, then him and his goons walked off. I closed my locker and started to walk to class.

"Courtney! Wait up!" I heard someone yell. I looked over and saw Charlie running over to me.

"Hey Charlie." I called out. He stopped right beside me. He was wearing his Ducks jersey, again. We started to walk to class.

"What class do you start off with?" He asked.

"Math, you?"

"Lucky, I have science." He whined. I nodded. I looked forward and saw Catie with a clipboard trying to have people sign it. I looked at Charlie.

"Hey, Charlie." He looked at me. "There's this girl I want you to meet, she's really nice and I think you'll like her." He looked at me funny.

"Who?" He asked. I pointed at Catie. He looked over and saw her. "Woah." I nodded.

"She loves hockey and she's nice. You should talk to her, I'll wait here."