Chapter 91

Adam

"Well, don't you need them to see?" I asked. She sighed.

"Yes, but it's to late, they're in the trash." She confessed. I heard Matt get up from his chair and walk over to us. I didn't look at him, I had my eyes locked on Courtney.

"Hey Courtney. You look better with no glasses." Matt implied. Courtney put her head down softly. Matt grabbed her arm harshly. "Come on, let's sit down." Matt started to drag her to the table.

Courtney looked up and stared at me as she kept walking. I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened them and turned around. I walked slowly to the table.

I heard music start to play. Everyone jumped up from their tables and started to dance with their dates. "Wanna dance Catie?" I heard Charlie ask.

I looked over and saw Charlie standing up, holding out his hand. Catie giggled and grabbed his hand. She got up and in hand in hand with Charlie, walked to the dance floor.

"Wanna dance Mac?" Tex asked Mackenzie. She looked at the table with a smile on her face and nodded.

"Sure." She said. They got up and left to the dance floor. The only people at our table was Courtney, Matt, and me. I looked at them.

"I'm gonna get us from drinks." Matt said. He got up and left. I looked at Courtney.

"He's not gonna dance?" I asked. She shook her head slowly like she was unsure.

"No, he said he doesn't like dancin'." She replied. I smiled.

"Can I have a dance?" I asked. She looked over to where Matt was, then at me.

"Sure, let's dance."