Chapter 80

Courtney

Catie stared at me in shock. "Your cousin, is Ocean Jewell." Catie asked. I nodded.

"Yes m'am." I replied. She looked at Ocean, then at me.

"Excuse me." Catie said, then, she fell on the ground and passed out. I looked at Ocean with shock.

"Oh my gosh..." I whispered. Ocean started to laugh.

"I'm used to it. Let's put her on the bed." Ocean stated. I nodded and got up from my bed. I went over to Catie and picked her up from her feet while Ocean picked her up from her arms. We lifted her and put her on the bed. I let go of her and backed up from her bed. I looked at Ocean.

"Okay, you never explained why you're here." I said. She smile without looking at me.

"Here to go shoppin' with you." Ocean explained. I shook my head.

"Oh no, you're not takin' me shoppin'." I stated. Ocean sighed and looked at me.

"I knew you were goin' to say that." Ocean sighed. I shot her a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Ocean walked over to the door and opened it. I saw James and Charlie standing there. "Ocean... What's goin' on?" I asked.

James and Charlie came in and James lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder. "James Stafford put me down now!" I yelled. He started to laugh.

"No way." He said jokingly. He started to walk out of the door.

"James!" I yelled again. I started to pound on his back.

"I'm a hockey player, that doesn't hurt me." James stated. I stopped pounding on his back and started to laugh. I looked over and saw Ocean and Charlie walking behind James to see me.

"What's goin' on?" I asked. They both started to laugh.

"You're going to prom tomorrow." Charlie demanded. I sighed.

"Why do you want me to go so bad? I went to prom back in high school." I stated.

"Did you go with someone?" Ocean asked.

"Well uh, yeah." I said hesitantly. Ocean gave me the look like she knew I was lying.

"Oh yeah, with who?" Ocean asked. I paused.

"I went with this guy named," I paused, "Kyle." I blurted.

"Kyle." Charlie said. I nodded.

"Yeah, his name is Kyle." I said. Ocean rolled her eyes.

"Courtney..." Ocean said. I closed my eyes.

"Fine, I went with my friend May. But I still had a fun time." I explained.

"And know you can have a great time with Matt." Charlie cut in.

"Who's Matt?" Ocean asked.

"A guy Courtney's dating." James replied. We finally got outside and started to head to the parking lot.

"I thought you were datin' Adam." Ocean implied. I shrugged.

"That was like, seven years ago."