Chapter 84

Courtney

I sat up in my bed and jumped out. I started to get off my pajamas and get on cloths. "Why are you so jumpy?" Catie asked.

"I had practice at 9:30!" I replied. I started to pack up my bag in a hurry. "I'm thirty minutes late!" I grabbed the bag and threw it by the front door and started to tie my shoes.

"I'm so sorry Courtney. If I knew, I would of woken you up earlier." Catie apologized.

"No, no it's my fault. I forgot. Dammit." I sighed. I got up and got my keys and put my bag over my shoulder. "I'll see you later." I opened the door and left.

_________________________

I finally got to the ice rink. I went inside and ran to the locker room. I ran to my locker and unlocked it. I threw my bag inside my locker and started to put everything on.

Once I was ready, I ran as fast as I could (since I was in my in my skates and I was carrying my stick) to the ice. I ran up the slope and opened the door. The whole team looked at me. I sprinted over to Coach. "Courtney?"

"Hey Coach, sorry I'm late." I apologized. He laughed.

"It's fine, Courtney. You make it just in time. We are going to split up into teams." Coach stated. I nodded. "Okay everyone! Line up!" We all skated into one big line. I was next to James and Adam. "For team captains, I want Charlie and Adam." Charlie and Adam skated to Coach and turned to face us.

"Rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first?" Adam asked. Charlie nodded. They turned and faced each other.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" They yelled. Charlie got paper while Adam got rock.

"Charlie goes first!" Coach demanded. "Chose one person, pick your goalie first."