Chapter 50

Courtney

I finally got to the ice rink. It was dark and cold. I looked around and finally found the light switch and switched it on. The lights one by one started to flick on.

"Ah! The light!" I heard someone yell from the ice rink. I jumped out of my skin. I looked up at the glass.

"Hello?" I called out. I started to walk up the slope to the door to the ice. Right when I got to the door, a guy opened it fast and stopped right in front of me, holding the door ram. I looked up at him.

"Woah." I sighed. He was handsome, like, really handsome. Blue eyes, jet black hair, tall, and a little bit of a build. He smirked at me.

"Hey." He said. I smiled, still staring.

"Hi." I said, still in my trance. He smiled.

"What's your name?" He asked. I snapped out of it.

"Oh, uh, I'm Courtney Jane." I introduced. He smiled and grabbed my hand and shook it.

"Hey, I'm Matt, Matt Shift. It's nice to meet you. Are you skating today?" He asked. I nodded. "Can I join you?"

"Of course. Let me get my skates on real quick, and I'll be right back." I replied. He nodded. I walked down the slope and to the bench. I put my bag down and opened the bag and started to search for my skates. I finally got them out and started to tie them on.

"Hey Courtney." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Coach Bombay. I stood up.

"Hey Coach, what's up?" I asked. He sighed.

"A lot. I need help. Fulton has agreed to come back to the team, but not Charlie. I need help from you to get Charlie back to the team. Or else, that kid, Matt Shift, will take Charlie's spot. That's why he's here." Coach replied in a whisper yell. I shot him a confused look.

"What?" Coach nodded.

"Yeah. So I want you to wait by the Hall of Fame because I'll have Charlie there to talk to him." I nodded.

"Okay, I will."