Chapter 11

Adam

Courtney was teary eyed and she had rosy cheeks. She looked so cute up there. She looked down at me and smiled, then looked back up.

"Okay. Well, I remember the first I met Coach. I was playing hockey with my friends, and my best friend, Charlie, passed the puck to me. I started to go down the ice. If I made that goal, I would have been my first goal ever.

Then, I remember Charlie yelling at me to stop, and I stopped and looked over and saw a uh, limo driving onto the ice." She said. Everyone was starting to laugh. She did too. "Anyway, I remember him coming out and he scared me." She said. She looked at Coach and he was laughing. She looked back.

"But later on, I started to grow on him. We started to become closer. He helped me through a lot. I have gone through a lot in my life, but he was there for me. He became a dad I never had. I'm glad I met him. He helped me get better at hockey and better at understanding how to deal with things better. I did lose my little sister, my little brother, my mom and now, my dad." She said. She looked back at Coach.

"But he was still there every step of the way. Thank you." She said. Everyone started to clap and cheer. Coach got up and hugged her.

_________________________

I was in my dorm. I don't know who my roommate was yet. I was lying in my bed. I'm finally here. Finally here at this college. With Courtney. With Charlie, and the rest of the team. I heard a knock at the door. I walked up to the door and opened it. "Charlie?"

"Hey. Get ready. We have practice." Charlie stated. I smiled.

"Alright! Thanks. I'll be down there in a couple minutes." I stated. He nodded. I closed the door and pulled out my hockey bag and stick. Finally... Practice.