Chapter 92

Courtney

Adam got up from his chair and held out his hand. I stared at it for a couple seconds, then I grabbed it. He helped me up and we walked out to the dance floor. Right when we got out, the song stopped. We looked at the DJ, then looked at each other.

"Alright! Let's start it out with our first slow song. So get your date and hold them real close." The DJ said. I smiled at Adam. He slowly got his hands on my hips. I got my arms and wrapped it around his neck. We started to slow dance as I stared into his eyes... His beautiful, blue-grey eyes. He sighed.

"I never thought I would be dancing with you at prom." Adam confessed. I smiled.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded. "I have been imaginin' this ever since I first saw you." He smiled and started to blush.

"Can I honestly tell you what I thought of when I saw you for the first time?" He asked. I nodded. "Okay, when I first saw you at the lake, I did see you skating to the bench and sitting down and taking off your skates. I stopped my friends, who were at the time McGill and Larson, and I stopped them.

I stared at you for the longest time. I remember them yelling at me because we were going to be late for practice." He laughed. "But I didn't care.

Then I saw you start to get up and leave. I looked at McGill and Larson and said, 'I have to talk to her, now.' And McGill started to laugh and said 'she's not gonna fall for you man.'

And I was like 'I don't care, she's pretty.' Then I started to walk with them. And McGill started to laugh and pushed me into you, and that's how we met.

But when I first saw you, I couldn't help but stare. You are beautiful, no matter what." Adam explained. I smiled. "But, why did you throw away your glasses?" Adam asked.

"I don't like my glasses." I repeated.

"Where are they?" He asked. I stared at him. He let go of my waist and backed up, making me drop my hands. He grabbed my hand and took me to the table. He looked at my purse. "Mind opening your purse?" He asked. I sighed and grabbed the purse. I put the purse on the table and started to open it.