Chapter 63

Courtney

Charlie finally found a parking spot. It took us about thirty minutes, but we found one. Charlie turned off the car and looked at me. I turned and faced him. He did a shy smile. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"I should be asking you that. You knew him longer then I ever did." I stated. He nodded slightly.

"Yeah, but you were the one who saw him when he--" he grew silent. I grabbed his hand.

"I'm fine." I replied. He paused, thinking about something. I squeezed his hand tight. "Come on, let's go." I let go of his hand and I opened the car door and got out. I looked over to the grave sites and saw about one hundred headstone all in perfect lines, one after another.

"Courtney." Charlie called out, breaking the silence. I looked over to me and saw him standing away from the car. His hands were jammed into his suit pockets.

I closed the car door and started to make my way to him. He stuck out his arm and once I got to him, he put his arm around me. We started to make our way to the burial.

"Do you think Coach will be here soon?" I asked Charlie as I looked up at him. He looked down at me.

"I don't know. Maybe." Charlie answered. I nodded and looked straight. I started to see some of the Ducks players standing out by a dug up hole.

Everyone was wearing black. Once we got up to them, we started to hug everyone. I got to Connie and hugged her.

"Hey Connie." I whispered.

"Hey Courtney, I'm so sorry for your loss." Connie whispered back. We backed away from each other. She grabbed my hand. I shrugged.

"It is what it is, you know, but I do miss Hans."