Chapter 14

Courtney

We were all in the locker room. I took off my jersey finally and threw it into my locker. Charlie stood up and started to mock Coach Orion.

"Hahaha you think you're captain? Well think again, sucker." Charlie said mockingly. We all started to laugh. Well, except for me, I was thinking about Mom. Why didn't she ever mention an Orion? I saw Coach Orion walk in. He had a piece of paper in his hand. He kept waking, he didn't even stop. "You will clear the locker room ten minuets after practice because you will go straight to your dorm and do homework." He said. He stopped the bulletin and pinned the paper to the board.

"Girls, you will take the shower first, then the boys. Unless you want to walk back to your own dorm and take a shower. Also," He continued. "Stay away from the varsity team." He said. Then, he walked out. Connie got up and looked at the paper.

"Hey guys, he posted the position." She announced. We all got up and looked quickly.

"Third line! Come on!" Guy complained.

"Great, I'm still goalie." Goldberg sighed in relief.

"Yeah, second goalie." Connie said with a laugh. Goldberg looked back at the paper again.

"I'm backup?! This can't be happening!" Goldberg yelled.

"That sucks." Les laughed.

"Hey Les. Your right wing." I stated as I looked at him. He looked at me with shock.

"Right wing?! I hate that position!" Les yelled. I looked back at the paper to find my position.

"I'm not even on the list." Adam said.

"Yeah, me either." I stated.

"No, here you guys are. Courtney, center ice varsity, Adam, third line varsity." Luis said, pointing at the paper to where it says our positions.

"Variety?!" Adam and I yelled at the same time. I made it to varsity? Adam and I looked at each other.

"Look, we have a new player!" Dwayne announced.

"What?" I heard someone ask. We turned around and saw Russ walk in.

"See? He's captain too!" Dwayne yelled. I saw Charlie shoot up from the bench.

"What's his name?" Charlie asked.

"I don't know really how to say it. But you spell it T-B-D. Who in the worlds name is Tbd?" Dwayne asked. Russ looked at paper and started to laugh.

"No, Dwayne. That means 'to be determined'." Russ explained.

"Oh." Dwayne said. He paused for a second. Then looked at Charlie. "Wait, isn't that your job?" I looked at Charlie. He was on the bench. He blew some air out from his mouth, then looked down.

"Come on, guys. We have five minutes till we leave."