Chapter 36

Courtney

"So wait, why don't you like those girls?" I asked. I looked over at Charlie as he dodged a guy walking down the hall. He shrugged.

"I just don't like them. I like Catie. And that's all." Charlie replied. "I'm so glad you came when you did. Thank you for pretending that we were dating to get them away."

"Anytime." Charlie smiled and looked back in front of him.

"Courtney! Watch out!" He yelled. I looked in front of me and saw the cheerleading squad blocking the hallway. I started to panic.

"Charlie!" I screamed. I took a sharp right turn and started to skate the other direction. I looked back, then looked forward. I started to laugh a little. "That was cl-" I went down the metal stairs. I started to scream.

I reached for the rails, but it slipped from my hands. I got to the bottom of the stairs and started to loose my balance. I felt someone grab my arm to stop me. They yanked me back, and dipped me. I closed my eyes in fear.

"Courtney?! What the hell are you doing?!" I heard the guy yell. I opened my eyes quickly and saw James over me.

"James?" I asked. He lifted me up and stared at me with worry in his eyes.

"What were you doing going down the stairs in rollerblades?" James asked. I looked down at my rollerblades, then back up at him. I smiled brightly.

"Go to the locker room. We got challenged by the Varsity team to play a game." I stated fast. James nodded and smiled at the same time. Man, he has the prettiest smile.

"Alright, I'll see you down there." James said. I smiled.

"Great, see you down there." I kissed him on the cheek and skated off.