Chapter 102

Courtney

Everyone is finally here. We were all sitting on the benches while Coach Orion was talking to us about the game.

"We need to pick up our defense line, we need to win most of those face offs, try not to get any penalties or don't get iced, and try to pass often." Coach stated. We all nodded. Coach looked at Charlie. "Do you have anything to add, captain?" Charlie nodded and got up. He walked to Coach and turned around.

"Okay team. We have played this team before, and Banks knows how they play. They're aggressive, but if we fight though that, we will do good. Try your best to stay away from the fights." Charlie suggested. We all nodded again.

"Yeah! Adam, no fighting." Luis stated. We all started to laugh.

"Alright, also, this is going to be on TV, so do your best." Coach added. We all nodded. "Okay, let's get going, they're gonna open the gate in one minute. Let's go! Goalies first!" We all cheered and got up. I got my stick and helmet and walked in the line heading to the line walking out. I was in front of James and behind Adam.

"Ready?" I heard James ask. I nodded.

"Yep, I have been ready." I stated. I looked behind me and saw him nod. All of a sudden, I heard the announcer come on.

"Welcome to our championship playoff for Varsity vs. Freshman! Let's get the Freshman team out! Out first play is from Austin, Texas and has been playing hockey before he could walk, let's get out Dwayne Robertson!" I heard the crowd start to cheer as the line scooted up an inch.

"Our second player is from Florida and grew up on the ice as a figure skater and now is a hockey player, welcome in Ken Wu!" The crowd went wild again. The line shuffled up an inch.

"Our next player is a guy who's born right here in the town, Edina, Minnesota. He's been playing hockey for about, forever! Play welcome in Adam Banks!" The announcer yelled. Adam looked back at me. I smiled.

"Go get 'em." I whispered, but loud enough to where he can hear me. He smiled, nodded, and turned back. He jumped on the ice and started to skate to the line while waving to everyone. You could hear all the girls screaming in excitement, which I thought was really funny. All of a sudden, a worker came up to me.

"Are you Courtney Jane?" He asked. I nodded. He got his walkie-talkie out and press the button, bringing the it close to him mouth. "Okay, we have Jane next, Jane, Courtney. Copy." He got the walkie-talkie and put it down.

"Next, we got a girl who is from the great old Nashville, Tennessee. She has been play hockey ever since she was a little thing, some said she started before she walked! Bring a warm welcome to Courtney Jane!"