Chapter 79

Courtney

Tomorrow is prom and I don't feel like going. I know Matt asked me to go with him but I'm second guessing on the whole thing.

Do I go? Or should I stay?

I was in my dorm sitting on the brown chair reading. Catie was put getting a shoes for her prom dress. I heard a knock on the door.

"Coming." I called out. I put my book down and got up from my chair. I walked over to the door and opened it. "Ocean?" I asked. She smiled.

"Hey Courtney. You're a mess." She stated. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I know, I have been a reck. What's up?" I asked. She smiled. "Oh, come in." She walked in and looked around. I closed the door and walked over to my bed and sat down.

"I heard you have a prom tomorrow." Ocean replied. I shrugged.

"I don't know." I sighed. She put her hands on her hips just like what my mom would do.

"What do you mean 'I don't know'?" Ocean asked. I shrugged again.

"I don't know. I don't know if I wanna go." I replied.

"Why would you not wanna go to prom with Adam?" Ocean asked. I started to laugh.

"Oh, I'm not goin' with Adam." I stated. Ocean shot me a confused look.

"What?" Ocean asked.

"I'm not datin' Adam." I said.

"I'm confused, explain please." Ocean said. Right when I was about to talk, I heard the door open. Ocean and I looked over at the door and saw Catie walk in. She closed the door and walked over to her bed.

"Hey Courtney, hey Ocean." Catie said. She put her purse on her bed and started to dig through it. Then, she paused and looked Ocean. "Wait." Catie said. Ocean and I smiled.

"Hi I'm Ocean Jewell." Ocean introduced as she walked to her and stuck out her hand. Catie gently grabbed her hand and shook it.

"Y-you're Ocean Jewell. The one and only Ocean Jewell." Catie said in shock. She looked at me. "This is Ocean Jewell." Catie said with shock while pointing at her. I started to laugh.

"I know." I said. She let got of Ocean's hand and looked at me.

"How do you know her?" Catie asked. I smiled.

"She's my cousin."