Chapter 120

Adam

I was sitting on the floor with my back against the wall. I was starting to whistle random songs. Charlie has been in there for about ten minutes with no sighs of coming out.

"Hey Adam." I heard a girl say. I looked to my left and saw a girl who I never saw before standing there. I stopped whistling and stood up.

"Hey... You." I said. She started to laugh.

"Don't worry, you don't know me. My name is Carrie. Carrie Gaimer. I'm a huge fan of yours. I wanted to congratulate you for your big win." Carrie said. I smiled.

"Thanks Carrie." She started to blush.

"But, um, I was wondering if you wanna go out for dinner tonight. Just me and you." She said as she looked down shyly and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry, Carrie. I can't, I'm..." I paused.

"Oh, your dating someone?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, not exactly. I mean-"

"It's fine, Adam. It's fine. I understand. Don't worry." She said. I sighed. Right as I sighed, Charlie come out of the door.

"Ok, Adam I-" He looked at Carrie. He turned the other direction from Carrie.

"Carrie." Charlie snapped.

"Charlie." Carrie snapped. I stared at both of them. Carrie sighed in frustration. "You know what? I'll see you later, Adam." She stated and started to leave.

"Bye?" I said unsure. Charlie looked behind him, then at me.

"Good, now she's gone." Charlie said as he walked the the other direction.

"How do you know Carrie?" I asked as I caught up with him.

"How do you know Carrie?" Charlie asked as he looked at me.

"I don't know her! She just came up to me to congratulate me on the game! How do you know here?" I asked. Charlie looked in front of him and grew silent. I looked straight too. Charlie said.

"She liked me in fifth grade. And I liked her too. We went out, you know, how fifth graders do, then she moved. And got all mad at me because I didn't say bye. But I don't care anymore." Charlie replied. He started to slow down is pace.

"I'm sorry bro." I apologize.

"It's fine. Okay, I got it." Charlie said. He got a ring and gave it to me. I took it and looked at it.

"Did you take Courtney's ring?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Yeah. You can take this to the jeweler and get the engagement ring made." Charlie said. Charlie and I stopped at the same time. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Charlie. I could kiss you right now. But I'll spare you today. Can you come with me to pick out the ring?" I asked. Charlie's started to laugh really hard.

"Of course, Adam. Let's go get you married."