Chapter 111

Adam

I went to center ice. I was a nervous reck. There was about ten minutes left in the game, still tied five to five. Courtney was out of the penalty box, but is in the locker room getting examined because she can't move her jaw now.  She may be out of the game permanently.

"Banks!" I heard someone yell. I looked behind me and saw Charlie skating up to me. "Hear anything on Courtney?" He asked in a hurry. I shook my head.

"Nah man. I'm just as worried as you are. Matt isn't even worried. Man, he makes me so mad."

"You just have to ignore him, okay? Courtney loves him and we can't do anything about it. I'm sorry Adam." Charlie apologized. I shrugged.

"It's cool man. You didn't do anything." I replied. He nodded.

"Okay. Let's play. Got center?" Charlie asked. I nodded.

"Of course I do." I replied jokingly. Charlie started to laugh.

"Okay, go get 'em." I nodded and skate to center. Brendan came in center too. I rolled my eyes.

"Ah! Adam... Is it?" He asked as if he didn't know me. I rolled my eyes again.

"Oh shut up, Brandon." I snapped. Brendan started to grind his teeth.

"It's Brendan." He snapped through his teeth. I shot him a confused look.

"Really? Oh, oops." We both bent down. He looked like he was about to hit me, but I didn't care, all I care about right now is winning this game and going home. The referee came over to us and bent down too. He put the puck in front of us the threw it down. Brendan and I went after it, but he got it first.

We all started to race down the ice. Russ and James were ahead of me. Russ was going after Brendan and I was going after Matt. Alex had the puck in his stick. He looked behind him quickly, then passed it to Matt.

I got my stick in front of Matt's stick and got the puck. I turned around and started to sprint to the other goal. This is it, a breakaway. This is an easy shot, and I could win the game. Every inch I got closer to the goal, the more faster my heart would go.

I got about three feet away from the goal. I brought my stick to the right as the goal followed the puck like a bug with a light, but then I quickly brought my puck to the left and shot it, I stopped and looked at the goalie. He caught the puck.