Chapter 13

Courtney

"Also, I don't think that it's fair for you guys to be playing on my team if you have a C- or higher." Coach Orion implied. We all sighed. Good, we can get a D+ or lower. "I want you to get B- or higher." I rolled my eyes. Great.

"Who's the goalies of this team?" He asked. Julie and Goldberg rose their hands. "You. Smily." Coach said, pointing at Goldberg. "You're gonna be goalie first." Goldberg nodded. "Everyone else, except for you," He said, pointing at Julie, "are going to line up to take shots. Conway, you too!" Coach yelled.

We all started to line up. I was in front of Adam, and behind Connie. "I don't like this new Coach." Connie said.

"Same here." I stated. Connie got the puck and took the shot. She made it in. I got the puck and started to skate. I did the triple deke. Left, right, left, then shot it in. I skated to the back of the line.

"I wish Coach Bombay was here." Connie sighed. I nodded.

"Why does he have to do this to us? We're his team, not Coach Orion's." I said. Connie nodded.

"Okay, stop!" Coach said. We all stopped what we were doing. I was scared, so I stopped breathing of a couple seconds. "Switch goalies." Goldberg left and Julie came in. Charlie was first. He got the puck and shot it. But Julie blocked it.

"Nice shot, Charlie!" Julie yelled real quick. When it was finally my turn, I got the puck and shot it, it almost made it in, but she caught it. "Great try, Courtney!" Julie yelled. I smiled.

"Stop!" Coach yelled. We all stopped. That's the point to where I stopped smiling and my heart jumped into my throat. "Locker room." We all just stared at him. "Now!" I jumped, again, then started to go back into the locker room. Adam caught up to me.

"Does he scare you or is it just me?" Adam asked. I laughed.

"Both of us together. It reminds me of the day I met Coach Bombay." I shrugged. "Maybe he'll be nicer later on." Adam shrugged.

"Maybe."