Chapter 5

Courtney

We started to pull into the drive way of Charlie house. Same old apartment, right by my old one. We got out and Charlie got my bag. We started to walk up the stairs and finally got to the door. Charlie unlocked it and we got in.

"Charlie? Is that you?" I heard someone yell from the kitchen. Charlie closed the door and put down my bag.

"Yeah Mom, it's me." Charlie yelled back. He put my bag down and looked at me. His mom came into the living room and stopped at the corner. She looked at me and smiled.

"Hi. You must be Charlie's girlfriend." Mrs. Conway implied as she walked up to me.

"No." Charlie sighed in embarrassment. "Mom, this isn't my girlfriend." She looked at Charlie confused.

"Oh. Hi my name is Casey Conway, and yours?" She asked. She really doesn't recognize me. I used to come over almost everyday when my and Charlie were kids.

"Mom, this is Courtney." Charlie introduced. Mrs. Conways jaw dropped.

"Oh, Courtney! I'm so sorry!" She apologized. She gave me a huge hug. "I didn't even recognize you. You have grown up!" She implied. She backed up so she can get another look at me. I started to smile. "You look beautiful." I smiled even more.

"Thank you. And you do too." I replied. She waved her hand in a "no I'm not" kind of way. She grabbed my hand and took me to the couch. Charlie say next to me.

"Sorry I didn't tell you, Mom. I wanted to keep it a surprise." Charlie stated. Mrs. Conway smiled.

"Well, she's always welcome." I smiled. "So, why are you down here?" She asked.

"I'm goin' to college with Charlie for hockey." I answered. She put her hands over her mouth.

"Oh my gosh, congrats!" She cheered.

"Thank you." She gave me a hug.

"Okay, I wanna take Courtney to Hans." Charlie cut in.

"Alright. Have fun! Dinner will be at seven."