Chapter 48

Courtney

It was about eight in the morning when I got back to the college. I was packing up for practice today. Catie was still asleep so I was trying my best to not wake her up.

Prom is in a week too and no one asked me yet. I don't think anyone will. I don't know if I want to go. I might go down to the lake and skate there.

"Hey Court." I head Catie say sleepily. I looked up and saw her sitting up in her bed. I smiled.

"Hey Catie." I said back. She smiled and looked down at my bag.

"Where you going?" She asked, still looking down at my bag.

"Over to the ice rink for a little while before practice." I replied, looking down and zipping up the bag.

"Oh, okay." On the corner of my eye, I saw Catie swing her legs over on the side of her bed, and then blow her bangs up with her mouth blowing air up. I stopped what I was doing and sighed. I looked up at Catie.

"You goin' to prom?" I asked shyly. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Yeah. With not date or with a date. Are you?" Catie asked me. I could see in her eyes that she wanted me to say yes.

"I don't know, I reckon I will, but I'm not sure." I stated. Catie nodded.

"Oh! I want to show you my prom dress." She jumped off her bed and started to go into the bathroom. I got up and started to follow after her. She opened the bathroom door and we walked in. She opened the bathroom closet and there was a huge dress cover on a hanger.

She got it down and opened the cover. I saw a beautiful dress. It was a red dress with studs on the top of the dress that glimmered in the lighting. I was in so much shock, it was that beautiful.

"Wow, Catie." I sighed. I saw her look at me and smile.

"You like it?" She asked. I nodded.

"It's beautiful." I replied. "But, why is it in the bathroom closet?" I asked. She started to laugh.

"Because I have no room in the closet by my bed." She said. I nodded. She zipped up the dress and hung it back up, closed the closet, and start to walk out.