Chapter 60

Courtney

Catie and I started to make our way to the ice rink. I was telling her my story about my family.

"My mom." I paused. "Crashed the car on accident when I was five years old. I had a little sister too, her name was Dawn. We were in the car and..." I paused again. "My mom wasn't paying attention and crashed into a tree.

My mom and Dawn died that day. Then we moved out here and met all my friends. Then my dad got remarried to my step-mom and I got a step-brother, Keith. Keith died from cancer and my parents moved us back to Tennessee.

Then my dad died a couple months ago and my step-mom didn't like me anymore so she kicked me out of the house." I explained. I didn't wanna tell Catie just yet that my mom purposely tried to kill me and Dawn.

Not just yet.

"I'm so sorry Courtney, I never knew." Catie said. I shrugged.

"It's fine. It's what it is, you know?" I asked. She nodded in agreement.

"Totally." We finally got to the double doors of the ice rink. I looked at her.

"Ready? Your brothers in there." I said. She sighed.

"Ready." She said. I smiled and opened the door. I heard people skating around on the ice. I looked at her. She was shaking real bad. I grabbed her hand for comfort.

Then we started to walk up to ramp to the door of the ice. Once we got to the door, I opened it and started to walk out onto the ice. The whole Variety team was still skating around and practicing.

"What is that freshman doing here?" I heard one of the boys call out. I stopped walking when I saw everyone staring at Catie and me.

"We should just leave." I heard Catie whisper. I turned to her.

"You're goin' to see your brother." I demanded. She nodded slightly.

"Courtney?" I heard someone ask. I looked back and saw Matt skating up to me. He stopped right in front of me. I looked up at him. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he took off his helmet.

"Matt." Catie whispered. We both turned to her. I sighed.

"Who are you?" He asked. Catie walked up to him.

"Can't believe you don't remember me." She whispered. He shook his head. She paused, thinking. Then I saw her smile like a little lightbulb just lit above her head. "You're the Alpha." I looked at Matt. He looked confused. His head was tilted a little, then, I saw his eyes widen and his jaw drop.

"And you're the Omega." Matt whispered. "Catie?" He asked. They paused, just staring at each other. Then they both started to cry and hugged each other. I was about to cry myself.

This was truly amazing.