Chapter 72

Adam

"So, if you, take away these scholarships from these kids, from these students, I pretty sure that's breaking the law." Coach said. The judge started to flip though the papers. She shrugged.

"He's right. There's signatures on every single one of these. You can't kick them out." The judge stated.

"But they did break a law!" Mr. Lack called out.

"And that is?" The judge asked.

"They, uh, broke the law by prancing the varsity team." Mr. Lack stated, looking confident about his answer.

"Mr. Lack, when you pulled up witness Courtney Jane, she said that the varsity team did in fact prank the freshmen team first." The judge replied.

"But she's lying!" Mr. Lack whined. The judge turned and faced Courtney.

"Are you lying?" She asked. She shook my head.

"No m'am." The judge turned and faced Mr. Lack again.

"See? I believe her. She said she wasn't lying and I believe her." The judge said. I smiled. Mr. Lack grunted. "I order the freshmen and the varsity team player to all get the scholarships back from Mr. Stafford senior right now, thank you."

The judge hit the gable on the podium and left. I looked at Courtney. She looked at me and Charlie. We all got up and ran to each other for a group hug.

"We're back!" Charlie yelled. I was smiling like crazy. We all let go of each other and ran to Coach Bombay.

"Thank you so much!" Courtney yelled. He smiled.

"Hey, anything for the team." He replied. Coach Orion walked up to us and and looked at Coach Bombay.

"Thanks for saving the team." Coach Orion said. They shook hands.

"Anytime, take care of them." Coach Bombay said. Coach Orion smiled.

"I will." He said. They let go. Coach Orion put his hand in Charlie's shoulder. "I grown on them anyway." We all smiled. "Okay guys! Who wants to practice?!" He asked. We all cheered.

"Coach Orion?" I asked. Coach looked at me.

"Oh, hey Banks, how's varsity?" He asked. I looked down.

"That's what I wanna talk to you about." I stated. I looked up. "I wanna be on your team. Not varsity anymore." Coach Orion smiled.

"Of course, welcome to the team."