Chapter 104

Adam

All six of us got out into the ice at the same time the Varsity team did. I want to left wing as Courtney went to center. I bent down to get ready. I saw Brendan go to center ice too. Courtney and Brendan both bent down.

The referee went over and bent down with the puck in his right hand. He was about to drop it, but Courtney went after it. She went back. He was about to drop it again, but she went after it again. The referee sat up and stuck his hand at me.

"Penalty. Banks, switch with Jane." He demanded. Courtney sat up and turned my way. I skated over to her position as she went to mine. Looked at Brendan.

"Ready to lose?" He asked with a little laugh in his voice.

"Save the trash talk for after the game." I snapped. We bent down. I started at Brendan as he did the same thing to me. We have each other dirty looks. The referee came over and threw the puck down.

Brendan and I fought for it, but he finally got it and passed it to Tex. Brendan then got up and pushed me onto the ice. I slid, then got up quickly and skated over to where the puck was.

Tex still had it, but Courtney was right behind him. He finally got to the wall and Courtney check him into the glass. The puck came soaring out of Tex's reach. I looked over and saw Matt sprinting over to the puck. I started to sprint too so I can beat Matt there.

Courtney

I got off of Tex and looked over to where Matt was. He was racing for the puck, but so was Adam. Right then, Adam got the puck and slid to a stop by the wall. Matt went to him and checked him hard.

Adam fell on the ground pretty rough. I gasped. Adam finally got up and pushed Matt from behind. Matt caught his balance and turned to face Adam.

Matt then threw his stick on the ice, then his gloves. Adam did the same thing. They both started to fight.

"Shit!" I yelled. I started I skate over to the fight and break it up, but I felt someone grab my arm. I looked over and saw James. He shook his head.

"Let them fight." James demanded. I nodded and looked back.