Chapter 121

Courtney

It's been three days since I have seen Adam and Charlie. I was in the library doing homework. I was working on science. My worst subject.

Right when I was about to answer a question, a folded up piece of ripped paper slid over to me. I looked up, but no one was there. I grabbed the note and opened it:

I'm sorry for the way I acted, meet me at the lake around seven?

I started to laughed. I could tell it was Adam's handwriting. I folded the note and put it in my pant pocket.

Why would he want to meet me down there?

_________________________

I was at the lake. It was frozen solid. I sat down at on the bench and started to take off my shoes to put on my skates. Adam wasn't here yet. I started to tie my first skate. "Hey." I looked up and saw Adam. I smiled.

"Hey Banks." I said. He sat down next to me.

"Glad you can make it." He said. I nodded. He did a nervous sigh. Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could tell that he was staring at me. He stood up and stuck out his hand. "Should we?" He asked. I laughed.

"We shall." I said. I grabbed his hand and he helped me up. We got on the ice and started to skate. I started to laugh.

"What?" He asked.

"This reminds me of our first date here, remember?" I asked. He laughed.

"That's why I asked you here." I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked. He stopped skating, I did too.

"Look, Courtney. I'm sorry for the way I acted. I didn't know what I was doing. I thought being on a Variety team would make me look cooler, then I really thought about it and the only way I'll look cool is if I'm with the Ducks. Not the Lightning Varsity team. I'm sorry for the way I acted." He apologized. I smiled.

"It's fine, Adam. You didn't know. Hell, if I were in your shoes, I would do the same thing." I said. He nodded.

"And..." He sighed and closed his eyes. "I have to ask you a question." He asked. I looked at him again and nodded.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked. He opened his eyes. Adam looked down and got a little ring box from his pocket. Then, he got down on one knee.

Oh God.

"Courtney Ocean Jane, I have been thinking for a while, and you truly make me happy, really happy. I can't live without you by my side. You always complete me, Courtney. Those four years that I didn't talk to you were my worst four years, then when I saw you, I was so happy.

And when you left for Tennessee, it killed me. I missed you so much. There wasn't a day that passed that I didn't think of you.

I don't want to have a life like those eleven years of when you went back to Tennessee and dated Matt and almost married him. I need you in my life, Courtney. So will you do me the biggest favor you could ever do for me, and be a Banks with me, and to be my wife?"