Chapter 46

Adam

I was starting to fast walk over to the bench where James was untying his skates and putting on his shoes. He looked up at me when I finally got to him. He continued to tie his shoes.

"Good thing I wore my street closed then my hockey gear." James implied, but I was in no mood to laugh. He did a long, narrow sigh, look down, and fix his jeans. "Okay, let's go." He got up from the bench and we started to fast walk over to the front of the school.

"Do you have your car keys?" I asked James, hoping her would say yes. He looked over at me and started to reach into his pant pocket, then he pulled out his key chain.

"Never leave the dorm without them." James replied. I kind of started to smile.

"Ah! James my boy! Where are you going this early in the morning?" We heard someone with a deep voice ask. James and I halted right were we were standing. We almost made it outside. We turned around nervously to see who was there.

"H-hey Dad." James said nervously. We turned out upper bodies to face Mr. Stafford.

"Hello son, now, who is this?" He asked, walking over to me and flinging his left arm over my shoulders. He held tight to his suit, like he was President Lincoln. I swallowed hard.

"Oh, uh, this is Adam Banks, he plays for Variety Hockey." James replied. I nodded slightly and looked at Mr. Stafford. He nodded.

"Nice to meet you." He said, letting go of his suit and sticking out his hand. I grabbed it lightly and shook it. He took his arm away from me and smiled gently at both of us.

"Alright, I must go. I'll see you boys around!" Mr. Stafford said. We nodded, turned around, and ran out of the building.