Chapter 93

Adam

I looked down at her purse and saw Courtney's glasses stilling nicely in her purse. I looked at her. "Why did you lie about your glasses?" I asked.

"I said I don't like them, I never have and I never will." Courtney snapped. She pulled out her chair and sat down. I pulled out my chair and sat down slowly in my chair. I sighed.

"Courtney, really, what's the real and true reason why you are not wearing your glasses?" I asked. She looked down into her lap and put her hands on the tables. I grabbed on of them. She looked at me. "Courtney."

"My mom and Dawn had glasses. Both of 'em. When I wear my glasses, it's like I can see them again. Like I'm back at my house in Tennessee. I can't stand it." She blurted. She started to cry a little.

I started to rub my thumb up and down her hand to comfort her. She stopped crying. With her other hand. She wiped her tears. She sighed and looked at me. She nodded lightly. "I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine. But you look beautiful either way." I stated. I stood up and grabbed her glasses. She stood up and looked at me. "Courtney, will you do me the favor, and help you with your fear?" I asked. She smiled and walked up to me closer.

I opened her glasses and started to put it on her. Then I fixed her hair. She smiled. She started to lean in closer to me like she was about to kiss me. She put her hands in my chest as I put my hands on her waist. Right when she got to barely touching my lips, she stopped.