Chapter 20

Courtney

I was in my dorm, lying in my bed doing homework. Of course, working on my worst subject: history. "Who was the second president?" I said repeating the question. "Shi-" I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Catie walk in. "Oh, hey Catie." She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Courtney, what's up?" She asked as she locked the door and walked to her bed.

"Do you know who the second president is?" I asked. Catie started to laugh.

"Jefferson." She replied. I nodded.

"Jefferson..." I wrote down. I looked back up at her. "Hey, you know that guy who talked to you today? Charlie Conway?" I asked. She looked back at me.

"Yeah. Why?"

"He's my friend." I answered. She looked at me with shock.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She apologized. I laughed.

"It's fine, but let me tell ya, he ain't a jock. He's nice, kind, sweet. And he really does like you." She nodded. "Look, he does. He wants to get to know you better." I said. She nodded again.

"Alright. I will." I sat up.

"You will?" I asked. She smiled.

"Sure. If you say he's nice sweet and kind, I'll take your word." She explained.

"Well isn't that great!" I heard someone knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. It was Adam.

"Hey Co-" I slammed the door on his face before he could say anything more. I turned around.

"Well who was that?" Catie asked.

"Somethin' that isn't great." I replied. Adam knocked on the door again. I rolled my eyes and walked to my bed.

"Well you're not gonna let him in?" Catie asked.

"No." I snapped. She got up from her bed and opened it.

"Hi, come on in. My names Catie. What's yours?" She asked. Adam came in slowly and Catie closed the door.

"Hi, nice to meet you, my names Adam." He looked at me. "Hey, Courtney." I looked down at my bed. "Courtney... Look. I had no part of the prank. They told me about it and I told them I'm not gonna do it!" He explained. I looked up at him.

"They told you still! And you didn't stop them?" I asked.

"I tried, Courtney! You gotta believe me." Adam begged. I looked back down at my bed. He came over and sat in front of me. "I'm sorry, Court." He apologized. I looked at him and started to nodded.

"Okay, but if somethin' like that happens again-"

"It won't, I promise."