Chapter 54

Courtney

"You can't do that." Coach demands. Mr. Stafford shrugged.

"I don't care. It's my school and I can do anything I want with it." Mr. Stafford explained.

"Dad! What are you doing?" James asked, standing up from his seat.

"James, I'm moving you to varsity." Mr. Stafford snapped. I looked back and saw James shake his head in disagreement.

"No." James snapped right back at him. Mr. Stafford shot James a confused look.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm not leaving this team." James snapped again. I sighed in relief.

"Fine! I'll take away your scholarship too!" Mr. Stafford yelled. I put my head down, trying not to burst. I bit my tongue so I don't yell at him.

"Can I talk to you in private?" Coach asked. Mr. Stafford nodded. They both left the bus and walked over to the sidewalk. The whole team went over to one side of the bus and opened the windows just a little bit so we can tune into the convocation.

"Sir, you can't just take away these scholarships from these poor students." Coach explained. Mr. Stafford took a deep breath in.

"Yes I can, Orion." Mr. Stafford warned. "Anyway, it's okay. I'm giving you the Varsity team so you can work with them." Orion shook his head.

"Look, I'm going to stick by these kids no matter what. And if they leave..." He paused. "I leave." I gasped.

He really likes us that much?

Mr. Stafford grabbed Coach Orion's hand and shock it.

"It was very nice working with you." Mr. Stafford said. He looked at us. "And you guys are leaving your dorms in two days!" I rolled my eyes and slammed my back into the seat. We all got up and ran out to Coach as Mr. Stafford left. We all came up behind him.

"Coach, you didn't have to do that." I stated loudly so he could he me. Everyone started to nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. You just lost your job to us." Fulton added. Coach shook his head, then turned to face us.

"No, you guys are one of the best teams I have ever worked with. I'm not leaving you guys." He stated, putting his hand on Charlie's shoulder. "I'm going to find a way to figure this out. You guys are not leaving."