Chapter 8

Courtney

Adam was just staring at me with shock. I smiled. "Hey Banks." I whispered. He was still staring at me.

"Courtney?" Adam asked. I smiled even more. He started to smile. "Courtney!" We skated to each other till we collided. We started to get each other tight hugs. I miss his hugs. We let go. He was just staring at me.

"You are beautiful." Adam implied. I smiled.

"Alright! Let's go or we will be late!" Charlie yelled. I snapped out of it and looked at Charlie.

"Yeah!" We all cheered. We started to skate off Adams drive way into the street. I was skating by Adam and Charlie. We were all telling stories of our life from the past seven years. I felt someone tape my shoulder.

"Hey Courtney." A guy said. I turned backwards so I can skate backwards. It was James. He looked a little bit buffer, like he's been working out, and (I got to admit) pretty cute, but I still don't like him.

"James." I snapped. James smiled.

"You look pretty." I rolled my eyes. "Come on Courtney. Can we forget the past and go on with the future? That was seven years ago when we broke up." I looked behind me to make sure I won't run into someone, then looked back.

"I don't care if it's in the past, present, or future. All I care about is that it happened and I don't want another heartbreak like that so I'm protecting myself from it." I snapped. James was just staring at me. I turned back around.

"Come on guys! It starts in ten minutes!" Charlie yelled. We were about fifteen minutes away. I heard some started to yell.

"Uhh... Uh... Ahh!" I heard Goldberg yell. We all looked behind us, he was skating to the right and skating down the grassy hill. We could still hear him screaming.

"I got him." Charlie sighed. He started to skate down the hill after him. "Goldberg!!" We all started to laugh. There he goes again.